Patricia M. Canzoneri, Esq.
Ms. Canzoneri is currently a partner with her father in the law firm of Canzoneri & Canzoneri, LLP. Ms. Canzoneri specializes in estate planning, income tax planning, trust and estate administration, estate litigation, elder law planning and guardianship matters. She also counsels several charitable organizations and prepares their required tax filings.
Prior to joining Canzoneri & Canzoneri, LLP, Ms. Canzoneri was an associate with Morgan Lewis & Bockius, LLP in the Personal Law Department of the New York City office specializing in estate planning for high net worth individuals. She was also a Senior Tax Consultant at Deloitte & Touche, LLP for several years before joining Morgan Lewis. Prior to attending law school, Ms. Canzoneri was an Experienced Audit Senior with Arthur Andersen & Co. where some of her accounts were the National Football League, Estée Lauder & Company and Ogilvy and Mather.
Ms. Canzoneri graduated Cum Laude from St. John’s University School of Law, in 1994 and received her Master of Laws in Taxation from New York University School of Law in 1999. She graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from the College of Business Administration of St. John’s University in 1987. Ms. Canzoneri is a Certified Public Accountant and is admitted to practice law in New York State.
Ms. Canzoneri and her husband reside in Malverne with their four children.
Bar Admissions and Certifications
- Admitted to New York State Bar in 1995
- Certified Public Accountant, State of New York
- Trusts & Estate Committee of the New York State Bar Association
- Elder Law Committee of the New York State Bar Association
- Trust & Estates Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association
- Elder Law Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association
- Lecturer of CLE Seminars at St. John’s University School of Law on Estate Administration and Planning
- Deputy Mayor and Trustee of the Village of Malverne – 2011-2018
- Former Member of the Nassau County Sewer and Storm Water Finance Authority
- Former Member of St. Thomas the Apostle School Board, West Hempstead, New York
- Former Member of the Tree and Beautification Committee of the Village of Malverne
Education and Honors
- New York University School of Law, Master of Laws in Taxation
- St. John’s University, School of Law, Juris Doctor, Cum Laude, Dean’s List, American Jurisprudence Awards: Trusts & Estates, Estate Planning and Evidence I,
- National Association of Women Lawyers, Outstanding Law Student Award
- St. John’s University, College of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Magna Cum Laude, Dean’s List, Member of the President’s Society and recipient of the Outstanding Student Achievement Award for academic excellence and service to the University
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration
- Estate Litigation
- Individual and fiduciary tax planning
- Charitable Organizations
- Real estate